I have a lot of ground beef in my freezer and I was racking my brain to try to think of some different ways to use it all up (I can only eat so much spaghetti). I wanted to prepare something light, fresh, and easy for dinner tonight and voila, my stuffed avocados were born! If you have avocado fans in your house they will enjoy these as much as my family did! We have a family of 6 so I made enough for each person to have two halves.
- 1 1lb ground beef chuck
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1 lime plus additional lime wedges for serving
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Mexican Crema (optional)
1. Saute ground beef, onion and garlic until beef is cooked through. Season with salt, cumin, chili powder, and oregano. Taste and add more salt to taste. Keep warm.
2. Cut avocados in half and take out the seed. Brush each half with lime juice and season with salt.
3. Fill avocados with warm beef mixture and top with tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and drizzle with Mexican Crema.
4. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.
Click HERE for more recipes from Our Southern Style!