My kids have a new found excitement for a little snack we call Power Balls. This no-bake treat is a great choice if you want a healthier option for baked cookies. They are easy to prepare and any home chef can change them up to their personal preference. In our house, one Power Ball silences those claims of starvation and satisfies the cravings for sweets. They've really become a staple around our house!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup flax/chia seed mix
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whey protein powder
Directions: (Makes about 15 Power Balls)
I want to start first by saying that so many of these ingredients are optional and interchangeable depending on your personal taste and preference. Don't want chocolate? Add raisins instead! Prefer not to add protein powder or wheat germ? No problem. You will still want to make sure you at least have the oats for the body of your Power Balls and 1/2 cup of a nut butter (peanut and almond is what I use but you can go all peanut or all almond) and honey for the binder.
1. Mix the oats, wheat germ, seed mix, chocolate chips, coconut flakes and protein powder in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. In a smaller bowl, blend the peanut butter, almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract until well mixed. Add the peanut butter mix to the dry mix and mix with a spatula until you form a good sized ball of dough
3. Roll tablespoon size spoonfuls of dough into balls and place in a Tupperware dish lined with parchment paper. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to set and then enjoy!
Make your own variation of Power Balls? I'd love to hear your recipe additions!
Click HERE for more recipes from Our Southern Style