The holidays are upon us, which means we're not only welcoming the joys of the season, but for most of us, we'll be welcoming friends and family into our homes over the next several weeks. With four kids, a husband, and a dog, getting my house ready for hoards of guests tends to bring a little bit of stress to an already busy time of the year. But now, thanks to Shark, who sent me their new Shark Rocket Powerhead Vacuum at no cost to facilitate this review, every floor, in every level of my house, will be clean in no time! With powerful suction that never fades, weighing 9 pounds overall and less than 1 pound vacuum weight in hand, this vacuum packs a powerful punch and is truly the cleaning machine every home has been waiting for! Check out all of the reasons why you will want to make sure you add this powerful vacuum to your cleaning arsenal!
What's Inside?While unpacking my new Shark, the first thing that struck me was how outrageously striking and sleek this vacuum is! I mean, if a vacuum could be "sexy" this one is at the top of the list! Having the opportunity to review various products means I've gotten pretty used to putting things together and I have to say, this one was an absolute piece of cake! In the box you'll find:
- Deep Clean Carpet Brushroll
- Gentle Touch Hard Floor Brushroll
- Brushroll Holster
- Handle with Telescoping Wand
- Powerhead Nozzle
Putting the Shark Rocket Powerhead Vacuum together is as simple as it gets! In two steps I had this vacuum together and ready to clean! To assemble this vacuum:
- Insert the upper part of the wand into the lower portion
- Attach the Holster:
- Undo the strap on the holster.
- Align the dot on the holster with the dot on the wand.
- Press the holster onto the wand until you hear a "click".
- Wrap the holster strap around the wand and press to secure.
The Shark Rocket Powerhead comes with two Brushrolls. One, Deep Clean Carpet Brushroll - for deep cleaning rugs and carpets and one, Gentle Touch Hard Floor Brushroll, that picks up large particles and stuck-on dirt - but doesn't leave marks on delicate floors. The holster attached to the side of the vacuum holds the Brushroll not currently in use. At first, I thought that having to change out these Brushrolls might get a little irritating, but then I realized just how easy changing them was. I also realized that with this feature, the Shark Rocket Powerhead is truly the only vacuum I need to keep all of my floors looking great - whether carpet, hardwood, tile, linoleum, rugs, and more!
Easy Brushroll Removal
- Slide roller garage release buttons away from the unit and gently pull open
- Lift tab on the left side of the brushroll up and out.
- Replace and close the compartment. You will hear and audible click.
Quick Release Dust Cup
The Shark Rocket Powerhead Vacuum is the second Shark vacuum that I have owned and this Quick Release Dust Cup is even easier to empty than my full size vacuum! The easy to grip handle makes it easy to carry over to my trashcan, empty, and click right back into place.
- Step on "Dust Cup Release" pedal above left wheel.
- Lift dust cup off the platform.
- Press "Empty" to empty dust cup.
- After emptying, replace dust cup on platform.
- Lower dust cup onto nozzle and press firmly in center to close until you hear a click.
The easy to grip handle features two cleaning settings: Setting 1: Lo Speed - Deep Clean Carpet Brushroll: Gentle on bare floors and area rugs. -Gentle Touch Hard Floor Brushroll: Good for large and heavy debris pickup. Setting 2: Hi Speed - Deep Clean Carpet Brushroll: Deep cleans carpets by removing embedded dirt. -Gentle Touch Hard Floor Brushroll: Removes loose and stuck-on dust and debris.
This vacuum truly is the only cleaning system you will ever need for the floors in your home. This Shark, at only 9 pounds (not including the cord), is so lightweight that I had a hard time believing at first that something so easy to move over my floors could really have enough power to clean the way an upright vacuum does, but this vacuum left no doubt that it can hold its own when compared to upright vacuum cleaner models! And I love that I don't have to lug my heavy vacuum up and down the stairs anymore! The Shark Rocket Powerhead turns on a dime, making it easy to vacuum underneath chairs, around tables, and between furniture!
The Shark Rocket Powerhead Vacuum:
- Weighs a total of nine pounds, and less than one pound in hand
- Interchangeable brushrolls are easy to assemble and clean via innovative roller garage
- Carpet & Floor Brush and Gentle Touch Hard Floor Brushroll clean carpets, rugs and hard floor surfaces
- Fingertip Controls for easy transitions between hard floors, carpet and area rugs
- Multi-position adjustable heights tailored to personal preference and compact storage
- Breakthrough engineering combines motor and dust cup in the head of vacuum, reducing airflow path and maximizing efficiency and power
The Shark Rocket Powerhead is one of the newest Shark vacuums and is now available at all major retailers nationwide, starting at $169 MSRP!
After using this vacuum, I'm definitely a believer in Shark products! Click HERE to visit the Shark website to check out all of their amazing products!
Make sure to follow Shark on their social media channels and never miss out on any of their promotions or new products!
That's right!!! One lucky reader will win their own Shark Rocket Powerhead! The giveaway will end November 28th, 2015 at 11:59pm. Open to residents of the US only and must be 18 years old to enter. Enter using the Giveaway Tools entry form below.