I've never been a huge fan of cake - but every now and then I get a hankering for a blueberry muffin! If you can't find fresh blueberries on sale in your local grocery store - feel free to use frozen ones - they work just as well! Topped with a dusting of sugar, these muffins have a light crisp on the outside and loaded with super moist cake and juicy blueberries on the inside! One bite and you'll remember what makes blueberry muffins a timeless classic!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (Plus 2 Tablespoons for dusting)
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs (at room temperature if possible)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease your cupcake pan or fill with cupcake liners.
2. Stir together your flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, and milk and then add to the dry mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. Batter will be thick.
4. Fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
5. Fill muffin cups close to the top and dust with white sugar.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 3-5 minutes before removing.
Recipe makes approximately 18-24 muffins depending on how much batter you use for each cup.