Disclosure: I received the items above at no cost to facilitate this review
Every year I look forward to the smiles and squeals coming from my children's bedrooms as they wake up to find their Easter Baskets. We don't like to fill our kids baskets with a lot of chocolate and candy, and they all, especially the oldest, have more stuffed animals then they know what to do with, or even have room for. I like to find items I know my kids will use longer than 24 hours before they get tossed aside and the more I thought about what I could include in their baskets this year, the more I began to think that an age appropriate board game for each one would be perfect! Our family is always looking for a new game we can play together as well as games they can play with each other. With ages from 2 to 11 in our house, we needed to find games for each age group and we found the most excellent selection at Education Insights!
Hoppy Floppy's Happy Hunt
Hoppy Floppy needs your help hunting for colorful carrots! Fill your basket first, and you win in this sweet, springtime, hide-and-seek game. Simple to play and understand for young ones, and easy to set up and clean up!
- Develops fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and pre-handwriting skills
- Improves matching and strategic thinking skills
- Reinforces color learning
- Encourages social skills and turn-taking
- Fifth preschool Squeezer Game based on the award-winning Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel game
- Includes colorful carrot-shaped board, 1 Hoppy Floppy Squeezer, 16 carrots, 4 baskets, game spinner, and guide
- For 2-4 players - Taken from Educational Insights Website
My youngest guy, Levi, is going to be so excited to find this game in his Easter Basket this year! Now that he is a "big boy" he wants to be included in all of the games his siblings play, but most of them he just can't participate in on his own. Hoppy Floppy will be a great first game for him and one I'm sure even his other brother and sisters will be "hoppy" to play with him!
You can purchase Hoppy Floppy's Happy Hunt for $14.99 HERE
Bunny Hop Memory Game
The farmers are in a frenzy! Bunnies are hopping and hiding in the Carrot Patch, eating all the veggies. Help the farmers catch these funny bunnies in a memory game of bunny “hide and seek.” Be the first player to collect at least one bunny of each color (red, blue, yellow, and green) and you win!
- Encourages children to recognize colors and remember which of their bunnies are hoppers
- Invites players to think fast and strategize to collect all 4 bunny colors first
- For 2-4 players
- Also suitable for some Pre-School children - Taken from Educational Insights Website
You can purchase the Bunny Hop Memory Game, currently on sale, for $21.99 (normally $29.99) HERE
It’s not rocket science – its centrifugal force! Spin your saucer fast enough to lift and transport your fuel balls from the launch pad to the Mother Ship. Finish this scientific space race first and you’ve got lift off. This hands-on game is frantic, fast-action fun for the whole family!
- Develops hand-eye coordination
- Enhances fine motor skills
- Introduces the scientific concept of centrifugal force
- Players use centrifugal force to lift and transport fuel balls
- Frantically-paced space race
- Fun for the whole family - Taken from Education Insights Website
It takes a lot to keep my daughter, Eva, interested. She needs fast-paced action to keep her attention. She has also grown to love Science and discovery. She will spend hours in her room inventing and learning all she can about the world around her. Space Spinners will be the perfect surprise to put in her Easter basket this year. Not only will this game keep her interested with it's "Frantically-paced" action and race, but she will love the Astronomy theme of this game. And she will love learning all about centrifugal force while she's having fun!
You can purchase Space Spinners, for $24.99 HERE
Of all my kids, there's no doubt my pre-teen daughter, Mariyah, is a lot harder to buy for. She's at that age where barbies and dolls, and trinkets no loner cut it and not only are the gifts getting more complicated, they are getting more expensive. I was so excited to find that Educational Insights not only have great products for younger children, but that they also have fun and exciting games for older kids as well!
Best-selling Blurt!® gets a make-over: brand-new box and game board, and even better party-ready game play! What word means “a partially dried grape?” Be the first to say “raisin” and you’re on your way to winning this riotous game of rapid word recall. Sounds simple, but as the race for the right word heats up and the blurting gets boisterous, it’s easy to get tongue-tied!
- Improves vocabulary and word recall
- Encourages quick thinking skills
- Promotes good sportsmanship and social skills
- Fast-paced, rapid recall board game for all ages
- Hilarious party game and perfect for family game night (also includes rules for the junior version)
- Includes 200 cards (1,200 clues!), 6 game pieces, game board, die, and guide
- For 3-12 players - Taken from Educational Insights Website
This is a great game that any pre-teen will love to play with family or with friends! I love that this game can allow for up to 12 different players - perfect for a sleepover with friends, or even great for having some extended over for family fun! Another huge plus is that this game also features rules for a "junior" version, which means even with younger ages in our home, we can still play this game together as a family. My daughter will be having so much fun laughing and playing with her friends, she won't even realize she's also learning at the same time!
You can purchase Blurt for $19.99 HERE
Educational Insights has so many amazing top-quality children's products, it's almost impossible to choose from their vast selection! As a parent, I am thrilled that I can shop knowing, no matter what product I choose to buy for my children, I can purchase it with the confidence that it will bring not only fun, but learning to my kids play as well!
Make sure you visit Education Insights to check out all of their creative and educational products!
Visit and follow them on their social media channels to stay up to date on all their latest products and promotions!
One lucky reader will win all four games listed above (Hoppy Floppy Happy Hunt, Blurt, Space Spinners, Bunny Hop Memory Game). The giveaway will end April 6, 2015 at 11:59pm. Open to residents of the US only and must be 18 years old to enter. Enter using the Giveaway Tools entry form below.