Need something to inspire the little scientist in your home this year? My six year old daughter, Eva, has decided that when she grows up, she wants to become an archaeologist. I'm constantly finding her outside digging up "treasures" with her little shovel and handy brush. She recently got a new rock collection from her uncle, which she loves to take out and show to everyone who happens to visit our house. If you have a child who loves to discover and create, like my Eva, no doubt the Crystal Nightlight from Geek & Co. is a definite must for Christmas this year!
Disclosure: I received the item above at no cost to facilitate this review.
Grow a real crystal and turn it into the most unique nightlight around!Start by following along with Rocky the Geeker and the sixteen-page, full-color work book to learn about how crystals form. Complete the tasks, step by step, and before you know it you've grown your own golf-ball-sized crystal out of potassium aluminum sulfate! Meanwhile, discover the fun of wiring and circuitry as you build an LED color-changing nightlight. - Put the two together and you have the most amazing nightlight on the block. And it's all because of SCIENCE! Learn about the science of crystals and totally enhance your bedroom/science lab with the Geek & Co Crystal Nightlight.
- Product description from Geek & Co.
This Crystal Nightlight comes with everything you need to grow your own real crystal!
- Science kit to build a nightlight out of a crystal you grew
- Encourages fine motor skills, logic, following directions, scientific learning
- Kids actually grow their own golf-ball-sized crystal from potassium aluminum sulfate
- Learn about circuitry by building the color-changing LED light
- Includes die-cut black cardboard, plastic base with lid, transparent plastic cone, color-changing LED, 2 contact springs, 2 black screws, 2 silver screws, black wire with eyelet and contact latch, double contact latch, switch with eyelet and contact latch, 2 50 gram packages of potassium aluminum sulfate powder, safety goggles, 125 milliliter measuring cup, wooden spatula, wooden stick
- Detailed 16-page, full-color guidebook and instructions included
- Requires 2 AAA batteries - Not included
- Required from home: 2 clean empty jelly jars (one with lid), paper, pencil, scissors, tape, water, old pot and hot pad, pot holders, paper towels, piece of cardboard, sturdy string, ruler, all-purpose glue, tweezers, small Phillips-head screwdriver
- Reliable Thames and Kosmos design and construction
- All materials durable and long-lasting - Product description from Geek & Co.
Want to brighten up the holidays for your own little scientist?
One lucky reader will win their own Geek & Co. Crystal Nightlight from Thames & Kosmos! The giveaway will end December 18, 2014 at 11:59pm. Open to residents of the US only. Enter using the Giveaway Tools entry form below.