What happens when you combine Chocolate, Coffee, Raspberries, and Cheesecake all together into one delectable dessert? Magic! The Chocolate Raspberry Magic Cake is a simple vanilla cheesecake, topped and covered in raspberries and sauce, and wrapped in a chocolate, coffee infused, cake. The smooth cream cheese frosting takes this cake over the top! Want to make something special this holiday season? There's no better way to "Wow" your guests than with a little bit of "Magic"!
Cheese Cake Ingredients:
- 1 8oz pack of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 10oz package of raspberries washed and dried - reserve half of the raspberries for the middle and top of the cake
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup freshly brewed black hot coffee (I use Coffee Beanery's Chocolate Raspberry Coffee )
- 1 80z package cream cheese softenend
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 & 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
Begin by preheating your oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit
For this recipe I used a special round cake pan that allows me bake a cake that essentially leaves a hollow opening to fill with fruits, pudding, etc. I love my Mrs. Fields Fill-N-Flip pan, from Love Cooking Company, or you could search around for a similar type of round pan.
Baking Option: I LOVE cooking as much as I can from scratch! But if you need to save yourself some time, you can always substitute my chocolate cake with a boxed cake.
**Baking Tip** EVERY time I make baked goods, whether cakes, or cookies, cheesecakes, etc. I always set my ingredients out an hour or more until they reach room temperature. Using ingredients straight from the refrigerator are not only harder to work with, but they don't blend the ingredients together correctly. Ingredients set out at room temperature allow all the components to come together seamlessly.
Step 1: Make The Cheesecake
- To read more tips on how to make the perfect cheesecake, check out my cheesecake recipe complete with tips on baking the perfect one!
**Turn your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit to preheat it for the chocolate cake
Step 2: Make the Raspberry Sauce1. While your cheesecake is baking, place half of the raspberries and the rest of the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly. Once mixture boils, turn the heat down to medium low and stir constantly until sauce thickets, about 5 minutes. 2. Press the raspberry sauce through a sifter, separating the seeds. Reserve the sauce and discard the seeds. 3. Cover the sauce with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Make The Chocolate Cake
Step 4: Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
Putting The Cake Together
Click HERE to check out more recipes from Our Southern Style