Check out Our Southern Style's new recipe for Chocolate Mocha Mint Chip Cookies! This thin, chewy cookie bakes to perfection and truly are just the right amount of chocolate and refreshing mint. It's like a little bit of Christmas in every bite!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of freshly brewed hot coffee (black)
- I love to use Coffee Beanery's Peppermint Twist for this recipe - it adds a whole 'nother layer of peppermint flavor!
- 2 cups Andes mint chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Lower the speed of your mixer and add the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
3. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the baking soda and the hot coffee and add it to the cookie dough
5. Put spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet ( I love mine my Cool Bake sheet from the Love Cooking Company - my cookies turn out perfect every time!) and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring cookies.
*Cookie Tip* When you store your cookies, whether in a jar or a different container, put a slice of white bread in and it will keep you cookies moist and chewy!
Click HERE for more recipes from Our Southern Style